Varitronics Systems, an Autodesk Value-Added reseller in Bound Brook, NJ is alerting their customers to the benefits of free Internet storage and services for Autodesk customers, especially those on subscription.
On September 27, 2011, Autodesk launched Autodesk Cloud, a way to store, share, visualize and edit files on the internet. All customers now get 3GB of FREE storage space to access their files from any location via a web browser or mobile device. This promotes collaboration, saves time, and helps improve project quality.
Depending on their product or suite, Autodesk Subscription customers can get 25 Gb of free Internet storage plus access to Cloud Rendering, Inventor® Optimization, Revit® Conceptual Energy Analysis, Green Building Studio® and other services. These services enable computer-intensive functions to be performed quickly on the web, so users can explore design options, streamline collaboration, and optimize designs — without investing in expensive hardware or installing design software. It also frees up valuable computing power for other tasks. Rendering has been especially useful as a time-saver for users. It is available FREE for customers with Building Design Suite Premium or Ultimate licenses on subscription.
Autodesk Cloud was renamed Autodesk 360 in January, 2012.
Autodesk 360 is a cloud-based platform that gives you access to storage, a collaboration workspace, and cloud services to help you dramatically improve the way you design, visualize, simulate, and share your work with others anytime, anywhere. It provides a broad set of features, cloud services and cloud-enabled products to help you dramatically improve the way you design, visualize, simulate, and share your work with others anytime, anywhere.
• Store your design files online through your Autodesk® 360 account so you can access them anytime, anywhere. Get 3GB of free storage instantly by simply creating an account. Additional storage is available with Subscription.
• More easily share your design files with others—even if they lack the design software used to create the files. Users can view and edit 2D and 3D design files through a web browser using Autodesk 360, or via a mobile device using the Autodesk® Design Review, and AutoCAD® WS mobile apps.
• Easily share files, keep track of file updates, and invite others to comment on designs in the Autodesk® 360 collaboration workspace. Receive email notifications when files are edited or updated. You can also send a file link to other users so they can quickly access and edit work on the go.
• Autodesk® 360 Energy Analysis for Autodesk® Revit® offers users cloud-based analysis tools to help them gain insight into energy consumption and building lifecycle costs early in the design process. The result is higher-quality products and more sustainable designs in less time.
• Perform multiple statistical analyses for various building models or parts of a project in the cloud using Autodesk® 360 Structural Analysis for Autodesk® Revit®. Users benefit from the ability to calculate different variants of the same model, for example using differing materials, at the same time.
• Autodesk® BIM 360™ Glue is a data-centric, cloud-based BIM management solution for building and infrastructure projects that provides easy access to project models, data, and collaborative workflows across authoring tools and project control applications. BIM 360 Glue enhances collaboration, as updates are available instantly to all project participants around the globe.
• Autodesk® 360 Rendering reduces time and cost through powerful cloud rendering services that enable users to improve design visualization by producing photorealistic images and panoramas—without tying up the desktop, or requiring specialized rendering hardware. This is a major boon for users who need to view their visualizations quickly, since renders that used to take hours on a PC can be done in minutes in the Cloud.